Kansas City–Area Real Estate Attorney
Experienced attorney assists with residential property matters
Whether you are a homeowner, investor, contractor, real estate agent, broker, home buyer or seller, landlord or property management company, I can help. With clients that range from large national companies to individual home buyers, my unique experience addressing legal issues facing the real estate industry will put you in the best position to ensure your matter is handled effectively and efficiently.
Unlike many lawyers practice in the Real Estate arena, my practice focuses primarily on residential real estate and includes both real estate transactions and real estate-related litigation. I serve clients in both Kansas and Missouri by guiding them through transactions and helping them to resolve disputes positively.
Responsive attorney with a strong reputation in Kansas and Missouri
Throughout the Kansas City area, clients trust Rick Davis Legal for residential and investment real estate matters because:
- Respected in the community — I have received Martindale-Hubbell’s highest AV Preeminent rating, which is based on a peer review system wherein other attorneys are asked to anonymously rate my legal knowledge and abilities. Additionally, I have received a “10” out of “10” on the attorney rating website AVVO and have a perfect 5.0 client review rating on AVVO, Lawyers.com, Yelp and YP.com.
- Practical experience — I have represented parties in all facets of the real estate industry. Past and current clients include large mortgage servicers such as Bank of American and Ocwen, home improvement retail stores such as Lumber Liquidators, local contractors, real estate investors, property management companies and individual homeowners. This width breadth of experience allows me to custom tailor a unique solution to your legal situation and to ensure efficient and effective representation.
- Thorough communication — Whether you are facing a lawsuit from an unsatisfied homeowner, preparing to evict a non-paying tenant or fighting with your HOA over paint colors, real estate disputes can be stressful and litigation is often an unfamiliar territory. That is why I respond quickly to inquiries whenever possible, even if I’m outside the office. Furthermore, my answers are clear and correct, not draped in legal jargon that confuses things even more.
- Hands-on approach — As a sole practitioner, you can be confident that that attorney you hired is the same person working on your case. I don’t farm out cases to first year associates or leave you to manage your situation alone. After working with you to develop a direction and a strategy, I actively take each legal step necessary to achieve your goals.
Comprehensive representation for a complete range of real estate issues
I have experience working with various parties involved in real estate transactions and disputes. Typical clients include:
- Landlords — Whether it be for non-payment of rent or violation of other lease terms, it is important to move quickly when it comes to evicting a tenant. I have experience with both the Kansas and Missouri eviction processes and can help ensure you regain possession of the property as quickly as possible.
- Contractors — Sometimes the hardest part isn’t doing the work, but rather get paid when it completed. Whether you are collecting on an unpaid invoice or facing a suit from a homeowner claiming inferior work, I can help guide you through the process to ensure your interests are fully protected.
- Homeowners Associations — Representing banks and mortgage servicing companies, I had the opportunity to work with many homeowner’s associations in their efforts to recover unpaid assessments from their residents. Whether it be unpaid assessments or violations of the community rules, I allow you to feel comfortable from the legal standpoint so you can focus on running your association.
- For Sale By Owners — Not having a real estate agent, doesn’t mean you have to go it alone. I will draft contracts and review paperwork to ensure you are fully protected and that the ownership of the property is legally transferred in your for sale by owner transaction.
- Homeowners — Do you have issues with the new home you had built or an existing home you purchased? Did your HOA send you notice of a violation of the association’s rules or do you have a dispute with your neighbor? There are many types of disputes that can arise which are related to real estate and my diverse experience as a real estate attorney can help ensure you receive the best possible representation for your situation.
- Home Buyers — Whether the homeowner refused to close on the sale or they hid a major structural defect with heavy furniture prior to the inspection, I regularly work with home buyers on real estate related disputes and am prepare to bring my unique knowledge to your situation to ensure you receive fair compensation for your situation.
For these kinds of legal challenges and others, Rick Davis Legal always provides dedicated counsel tailored to your circumstances.
Contact an established Kansas real estate law firm to schedule an initial consultation
Representing clients in Kansas and Missouri, Rick Davis Legal assists with all types of residential and investment real estate issues. If you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation and our services, please either give us a call at 913-210-1847 or click on this link to see available times for a consultation.