Real Estate Litigation
Many attorneys practice in the area of real estate law, but there is a limited subset of those attorneys who spend significant time in a court room. Moreover, general commercial litigators may have extensive experience in a courtroom, but may not understand the unique aspects of a real estate transaction. Considering real estate is often a relatively large asset, it is important to find an attorney to handle your matter who has courtroom experience specifically in the areas of real estate litigation. I have the experience both in the courtroom and managing other attorneys nationwide through the complex world of real estate litigation.
What types of real estate matters are litigated?
It would be impossible to create a comprehensive list of real estate litigation matters, but some examples of real estate litigation include when:
- A seller fails to deliver possession of a home that is under contract
- After purchasing a new home, the buyer discovers that there are issues that were not properly disclosed by the seller
- A tenant fails to pay rent or causes damage to a rental property
- There is a break in the chain of title for the property
- A borrower fails make payments on their loan and you seek to foreclose on the property
- An HOA member fails to pay assessments and the HOA seeks to foreclosure on the property
- The HOA has filed suit against a homeowner for a violation of the HOA rules and regulations
- A contractor failed to perform under the terms of the contract and refuses to return the deposit.
- A homeowner has failed to make the final payment to a contractor and a mechanic’s lien foreclosure is required.
How can I get more information?
Our website contains additional information related to real estate litigation issues and answers to frequently asked questions that can be found by searching using the search box located in the top left corner of this website or by browsing through our blog posts by clicking here. If you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation and our services, please either give us a call at 913-210-1847 or click on this link to see available times for a consultation.